Mar 16, 2012


Two guys who understand the concept of posing for a picture. 
I had the rare pleasure of spending the day with my oldest son and young Aiden yesterday.    We dropped off their car at the dealership for some routine maintenance and then headed out to the golf course.

The trip to the dealership, twelve miles one way, was a blast from the past for me.  When I last worked for Tedious Systems, it was the route I used in my daily commute.  I don't miss that drive or the atmosphere at Tedious.

Isn't it funny how when we work somewhere the battles of that organization become our battles.  Once removed, they seem so unimportant.  Every thing at Tedious Systems was portrayed as life or death.   That is an easy thing to buy into when you feel like you really need the job.  Since I left, those concerns are not mine anymore.

Nice thing about working at the hardware store is that I have no emotional investment in the enterprise.   As my old dad once said, when they lose their power to fire you, work is kind of fun.

After golf, it was back to pick up the car and head home.  Miss Riley and Miss Piper stayed with Mrs. Sneed, so I got to spend a few minutes with them before the boys made it back to our house

It was a very nice way to pass a day.



Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

4 comments:

The Bug said...

It's kind of funny about that life & death work thing. I work for a company that is involved in the student loan industry, and as you know (maybe) there's been a lot of legislation about that in the last 5 years or so. And my personal politics is at odds with the welfare of my company. And, although I don't want to lose my job, I don't really care. It helps that I'm a VERY minor cog in the giant wheel :)

Glad you had a nice day!

Barbara said...

I'm glad to see you are back on the air. I often feel like I have nothing to say these days, especially if I am not traveling to some interesting place, which is most of the time.

I have the same reaction as yours when someone tells me about problems at my old place of work. I'm so glad I don't have to lie awake at night worrying about things like that any longer.

Coffee Messiah said...

What can I say: Here, here!

Great to be with the young ones to be sure - and the previous photo is "oh so cute!" = Cheers!

Bella Rum said...

Things seem so important.... and then they don't.

Glad you had a nice day.