Oct 16, 2008

Mrs. Sneed announced that she hates people that decide the race is over three weeks before the election. She means me, I think, but Merle Wayne calls them as he sees them. always has, always will. The latest Gallup Poll shows Obama with a 49% to 47% lead among likely voters. What if Merle Wayne Sneed's longstanding prediction of an Obama blowout victory is wrong? Well, its not. As we learned, how many people want a particular candidate is largely irrelevant. What matters is where they live, and in the places that matter, Obama will swamp McCain. This map from the folks at Real Clear Politics is interesting At the moment Obama has 249 of the 270 electoral votes needed for election solidly locked up. Plus, he has another 37 electoral votes leaning his way. For McCain to win, Obama has to lose a state or two that is leaning his way and McCain has to win everything not rock solid for Obama. John McCain is a fine American and a good man, who is dedicated to doing what is best for his country. Don't let anyone tell you differently. But, Americans are clamoring for change and it's Obama's moment. In other news... I played golf with the usual suspects today. Some guy Named Bob is in charge of booking our golf reservations, so it is probably unfair to criticize his efforts, but... We live within about a fifteen minute drive of eight golf courses on our side of town. Despite this, Some Guy Named Bob booked us at course 25 miles away. I am at the stage that I don't want to drive 25 miles to do anything, especially with Some Guy Named Bob and The Seafood King in tow. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

10 comments:

Megan said...

But you got to golf, right?

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I don't care for either candidate.. but I will throw up of Obama wins...

I can't even imagine what he'll do to us tax wise....to me..
Obama is just plain spooky.

I can't stand that cap and trade tax.... both of them want that....
*shakes head*


I am still hanging in there ... hoping for a McCain/PALIN win....

he'll take us to the same place as Obama... but just a little slower w/ a little KY

Coffee Messiah said...

I've been reading old Stars and Stripes papers and from the Reagan years, taxes and school funding has been cut at a steady rate. Today, in our state, Daniels, who worked for gwb, has cut taxes so low, this year we pay next to nothing on house taxes. People forget, without taxes, money for all infrastructure and schools disappears. Why is our school system so bad? Why are we borrowing for wars that are un winnable and will last for years and have nothing to do with freedom?

I had a small business for 4 yrs and I paid plenty in taxes. A couple I know, who've had a recycling aluminum business that makes millions (for real) has had tax abatements even now. Or business was '99 - '04.

Something is wrong with this whole business of "no taxes" although I too wish someone else would pay their fair share.

There is no open debate, or debate at all as I've seen it. A high school debate outshines what we've seen.

Limiting to a 2 part system is nuts.

So much for democracy.

Sorry Merle, but anything can happen and may still on Nov 4th.

That the news yesterday mentioned the ku klux klan again shows how scary people can be when using tactics that have nothing to do with anything.

Have a nice day.

I need some coffee ; )

Coffee Messiah said...

ps: I meant to say also, maybe your friend has stock in the oil companies, hence the long drives for golf? ; )

joking of course......

Reya Mellicker said...

I want to believe. But I worry anyway. This is a nation full of nutcases and racists who don't, and probably can't think.

But if you say it's a slam dunk, then I'm going to hold you to your word.

Still keeping my fingers crossed, though.

LOVE the vid.

Kurt said...

I have never worried about taxes a day in my life. I worry about our country becoming too much in debt, though.

Unknown said...

I hope you're right. No matter who wins, I worry about the fact that my son is halfway to the age that he can be turned into a soldier. Where will our country be in nine years?

Steve Reed said...

I hope, hope, hope you're correct, Merle.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

hope you all were at least able to carpool!

bitchlet said...

Sometimes I wonder if Golf is any fun.