Jul 29, 2007

The festivities surrounding Daughter Sneed's birthday continued today with a breakfast celebration. Of course two very handsome fellows were in attendance.









Long time readers know that a regular part of the birthday routine involves me walking the Sneedlets around the plaza where the restaurant is located. As they get older, it has become them running away and me hustling after them yelling stop.

At one end of the plaza there is a Honey Baked Ham Store. This poster was in the window, advertising some special deal. This is a very disturbing picture. Evidently, a ham can talk, or a least it has lips. Who knew? We left before it came through the window and attacked us.















As always, Cletus Sneed was absent, at least in body. He has absolutely no idea when his sibling's or parent's birthdays occur. He did call this morning, though.

Cletus is always in search of forty dollars, the amount needed to buy drugs, we figure. He used to ask for forty bucks outright, but since we told him we were on to him, he tries harder to disguise his requests.

Today his story was that his former girl friend and mother of his three children needed $100, but he only had $60. Therefore he want to "get"...wait for it...$40, that's right. He promised to do some work for me to pay it back. I don't have work that needs doing, even if I thought he would actually do it. I suggested that if the girl friend needed money and he only had sixty, it sounded as if she would get sixty. He hung up.

Other than Cletus, all the kids and their families were in attendance, so it was a really nice time.





















Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky


Tag:

5 comments:

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Such cuties! I have to admit the way you talked about Cletus made me giggle, but I don't think the situation is funny. I just think you have a funny sense of humor and way of saying things. :D

Reya Mellicker said...

The boys are darling.

The honey baked ham display is obscene. Yikes!

Kurt said...

I can't believe Jenn passed up commenting on that ham. Good Lord.

Can I have $40?

alphabet soup said...

Those two boys are just lovely aren't they? A rhetorical question. As for the ham - crikey Merle you've sucessfully put me off honeyed ham for life!! And that's no easy task putting me off my food...
Ms Soup

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

those little fellas are adorable!!