Jul 13, 2006

Update, Update, Update...

The National Weather Service predicted a high temperature of 109 degrees F. today. The high has only been 105 degrees F. A freaking cold snap. The humidity is up a bit so it feels like a sauna. This is the work left undone. My guy promised to have the drywall taped and the first coat of drywall mud applied today. When I spoke to him at noon he told me that it would absolutely be done. Imagine my surprise to discover that he is only 90 percent finished. Evidently, he ran out of drywall compound and it was easier to knock off until Monday, than to go get more. I know he won't be back tomorrow because the compound won't be dry enough to sand until Saturday (he doesn't work Saturday) and there is too little for him to do to make a special trip to finish the remaining work. So he won't. My guess is Monday. This is what it should look like at this stage. He also told me that he and another guy will paint next week. I will believe it when I see it. I haven't heard from the boss either. Contractors, geez. Merle Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong and sometimes just full of it. Tag:

No comments: