Dec 14, 2008

You have to admit that is one good-looking kid. And yes, the pictures will continue. I've been thinking about this economic mess. No surprise there. How did our expectations get so out of control that so many of us were willing to go deeply in debt without considering the consequences? All for a bunch of stuff. When did $30,000 cars and half million dollar homes become the standard in a country where the median household income is $45,000? It seems to me that something is wrong with the American psyche when we place so much stock in having stuff and worrying so much when people aren't buying stuff. Predictably, we are hearing news stories about how this is the worst shopping season in years. People are spending less and demanding more, blah, blah, blah. Since I work in retail, I get that people not shopping equals people not working. The good thing about losing a retail job is that they aren't that hard to find. An economy built on people buying stuff they can't afford, with money they don't have is not good for any of us. Just saying. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

5 comments:

tut-tut said...

that is one sweet child!

Megan said...

I like pictures.

I also like stuff. But I can get along without it if I have to.

Looks like I'm going to have to for quite some time to come...

dennis said...

Dennis just adores pictures of babies. This one looks very healthy.

Dennis has simple needs - food, some sort of pillow, his massage / brushing therapist, and a place to crawl into when he needs to shut out the rest of the world.

a. said...

"as long as you're comfortable it feels like freedom."

Jams said...

From your lips to the consumer's ears.

Beautiful baby! I can stand all the pix you want to post.