Dec 13, 2008

Feliz Frickin' Navidad

Twelve Days to go until Christmas. Twelve more days of being driven to madness by Christmas music. When you work retail and they play Christmas music endlessly, you grow to hate it...alot. Plus, if you work with an annoying bonehead who insists upon whistling along with the Muzak, it is just more than a guy should have to bear. Especially if that guy is me. So, if I see Jose Feliciano on the street, I'm going to punch him. I don't care that he's blind. Ditto for Karen Carpenter and yes, I know she's technically dead. How can you hate this lovely song, you might say? Just replay it a hundred times. That's how many times I heard it today. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

15 comments:

Megan said...

Si, si, si.

Unknown said...

My most hated song: Christmas shoes.

Coffee Messiah said...

Oh yeah....they have muzak playing through the bindery and you end up hearing the same songs almost every hour.

On our side, the boss disconnected the speakers ; )

Thanks goodness for the ipod ; )

Squirrel said...

I feel your pain, Merle... "Grandma got Run Over by a Reindeer " is another one I hear every day now.

la la la la la

mouse (aka kimy) said...

any chance you can take control over the musical selection! businesses really need to expand their musical offerings...don't they care about the mental health of their workers!!!

edward said...

i like feliz navidad a thousand times!

Barbara said...

I can't understand why they started playing Christmas music the day after Halloween.

Reya Mellicker said...

I agree. I love Christmas music, the first ten times I hear each song. after that ...

bitchlet said...

I would hate it too.

ps- Merle, your letter is sitting sealed and pretty in my bag. Do you want it?

Kurt said...

I LOVE Xmas music. But then I have a large collection so I don't have to listen to the same songs over and over.

A Concerned Citizen said...

J put on a bunch of schlocky Christmas music while we (really meaning me and J's middle kid) decorated the tree yesterday. It found it to be almost unbearable -- especialy the Celtic Women CD, b/c they all have very shrill, metallic, syrupy soprano voices -- but I gritted my teeth and kept my trap shut so as not to create a scene. Now that J is at work, maybe I can "accidentally" misplace the icky Xmas CDs. . . .

Steve Reed said...

When I was a kid, each year we used to drive to Washington, D.C. to spend Christmas with my gradparents. The drive took two days, and I insisted that we keep the radio on Christmas music as much as possible. I can only imagine how crazy it must have driven my mother.

"Feliz Navidad" is the MOST ANNOYING Christmas song EVER!

"Sleigh Ride," on the other hand, I could hear over and over.

Steve Reed said...

(I bet kids nowadays don't even know what a sleigh is.)

Jams said...

"technically dead"

Is that like technically pregnant?

dennis said...

Dennis hates that "Giddy Up Giddy Up Giddy Up Let's Go!" Christmas song -- and the Little Drummer Boy too.