Dec 2, 2008

I had a dermatology appointment yesterday, which I forgot about until this morning. I have been seeing this same doctor for over two years, once a month and this is the first appointment that I have forgotten. Not bad. I called this morning and pleaded advancing years and failing memory. The person I spoke to said that I can come in next Monday and that she would try to reverse the charge for failure to show. I would like to get all pissy about being charged and all, but I have no excuse. Last week I had to call the dentist and change my appointment at the last minute because I forgot that one too. Luckily, my dentist is short on patients and they were glad to have me come in whenever. They run kind of a loose operation anyway. As nearly as I can figure no one works more than four days a week in the office and the dentist works even less than that. At least I assume he's a dentist. My paternal grandmother lost touch with planet Earth in her 50s, so all this forgetting makes a guy wonder if he's not losing it. On the other hand, if you can still worry about losing it, you probably aren't really losing it. Right? You may recall that I was in line to get a bonus if our sales met expectation for the Thanksgiving weekend. Well, they didn't, so that bonus is out the window. Bonus is too generous a word. It was more of a bonette. I am getting, drum roll please, a little extra payment of $43 because of good sales in November overall. Sweet. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

10 comments:

a. said...

Well you can get at least 3 toys for $43 if you play your cards right.
My dad used to have his teeth pulled by the barber. Or so he says. I'm not 100% certain about the truth of that statement of his. I'll chalk it up to failing memory!

Kurt said...

Here's the test: if you can't remember where your glasses are, that's just getting old. If you forget that you wear glasses, that's losing it.

tut-tut said...

I often forget dental appointments, but I think it's out of fear . . .

Squirrel said...

Congrats on the bonette! you and a guest can go to the movies!


We get reminder calls the day before our appointments. Maybe people in NY are extra forgetful as this seems standard procedure.

(if the appt is for Mon. they call on Fri or Sat) even the cat's vet's office does this. I appreciate that they do, otherwise there would have been missed appts.

Reya Mellicker said...

$43 is $43 ... bravo!

Memory is selective. Who wouldn't like to forget about an appointment with the dentist. I mean, let's be real.

I bet you never forget your golf dates.

Megan said...

We have a huge calendar with nice big squares to write things on so we don't forget.

When I took down the November page the other day, there was nothing written on it.

Because I forget to write things down.

Jams said...

I put everything on my computer calendar and it pops up with reminders. Otherwise, I would never remember anything.

Congrats on the $43. Treat yourself to something nice.

Steve Reed said...

Hey, $43 ain't bad!

I think you're right about losing it. If you worry about it, you're not there yet. It's kind of like insanity in that regard.

Unknown said...

If you're going senile than I have been doing it since I was about 13.

bitchlet said...

They CHARGE you for missing an appointment?!