Oct 8, 2008

Details, I Need Details.

The investigation into the strange doings on the cul-de-sac is at a standstill. For the moment I remain stymied. Sylvia is proving to be a pain-in-the-ass when it comes to providing details. I went to her house this morning, but she was already gone. No doubt hanging around her church or something equally holy. This evening, I traipsed back over to her house, Sylvia, not the dead woman, and even though I could hear Sylvia shouting at Chuchie, I couldn't get her to answer the door. Sylvia talks in a voice that most would consider yelling, so it is easy to hear her. Mrs. Sneed, who is an expert sleuth, has learned via the internet that the allegedly dead woman was an expert on butterflies. Clearly this was in the days before she got bats in her belfry. In other news, I have settled into a pretty nice routine at work. I'm working all day on Tuesday and Wednesday and half days Friday and Saturday. It works out to be 27 hours per week. This job may have moved from a nice diversion, to a financial necessity due to the shenanigans on Wall Street. Mrs. Sneed would like to retire in the near future, so if the economy, and by economy I mean our retirement accounts, doesn't recover soon, someone is getting their asses kicked. One thing I'm noticing at work is an increase in people calling the store for prices. I guess that's good for the environment, but it's a pain in the butt for yours truly. People who call in rarely come in. Some guy called me today and asked for a price on a replacement cartridge for his shower water filter. He gave me the model number for the filter, but he didn't know the cartridge model number. I had to look it up and then check to see if we had the one he needed. I gave him the price and told him I had it in stock and his response was that it was too much money and he hanged up on me without so much as a thank you for checking. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

8 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

I just keep thinking of jimmy steward and rear window.....why is that?

Megan said...

Sylvia needs to remember her responsibilities to the cul de sac, darnit!

bitchlet said...

I saw a really nice French song about spying on the neighbours. I shall send you the youtube link.

Coffee Messiah said...

People can be a pain in the ass, can't they! ; (

Sometimes a story unfolds slowly, and this one seems to be one of them.

tut-tut said...

What would we do without our neighbors?!

Reya Mellicker said...

Enquiring minds need to know what happened to the crazy lady.

Your neighborhood needs a crash course in gossip, eh?

Kurt said...

Chuchie may know what happened.

a. said...

Don't your neighbors realize that your readers need information?