Feb 5, 2008

Sick

I'm sick today. I woke up this morning with some symptoms that are best left undescribed. I didn't feel particularly ill, so I figured it would just run its course. I try to practice to the "buck-up" method of dealing with illness. Sometimes it works. Son Sneed had some appointments this morning lasting from nine to noon. I just figured that I would drop him at the bus at eight-thirty and then go to the medical center and pick him up at eleven-thirty. In between, I planned to go over to the rose garden and spend a couple of hours cleaning up rose leaves. Our rain from yesterday, gave way to clear skies and freezing temperatures this morning. The temperature at the garden center was in the low thirties when I arrived. This may not have been my best decision, because it was cold and wet. As an aside, I checked this afternoon and our winter precipitation is 188% of normal for the Eastern portion of the county, including our city as a whole. The only reading station where rainfall is below normal is the official NWS station at the airport. Consequently, the television weather guys are moaning and groaning about the lack of rainfall. Things were moving along nicely when, at about ten-thirty, I was struck with a wave of nausea and general wooziness. Luckily, I had just a few piles of dead rose leaves left to load into the trash. I got the leaves picked up and in the trash and loaded my tools into the car. Since I hadn't eaten since last evening, I figured that a snack might settle my stomach. Tip: Don't eat a chocolate milkshake if you have G.I. distress. It doesn't settle anything down and in fact makes matters worse. Hopefully, I will recover by tomorrow because I have to go to work. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

7 comments:

taco said...

you are very hard working! Hopefully it is just a quick bug.

Anonymous said...

Do you think your nausea and the fact that you HAVE to go to work tomorrow are connected?

Steve Reed said...

Hope you're feeling better, Merle!

Squirrel said...

Hope you feel OK this morning, dude.

Kurt said...

In case you forgot, don't have a shake for breakfast this morning.

Bob Dylan said...

The 'buck up' method seems less and less doable as we age. Take it easy.

Jams said...

Humm. Yes, I know that "buck up" system, but I concur with Bob Dylan. It becomes more difficult with age. Good try though.