Sep 8, 2007

This is a bloom on one of my hibiscus plants. I have about four or five potted hibiscus. They are spectacular bloomers and do well, especially when they are kept in partial sunlight. Our high temps are a bit too high for them to thrive in full sunlight.

Last week in San Diego, I was amazed at the hibiscus hedges that people have grown. That is not possible here in our fair city because even our mild winters are too cold to leave the plants unprotected. A few hours below thirty degrees can kill the plant altogether.



I had my second golf lesson yesterday and to my surprise the teacher said that my swing is improved. She has given me some nice techniques to work on and I am excited to try them out.

This is the first time in my life that I have sought help with my golf swing. I wouldn't have done it now, had Son and Daughter-in-Law Sneed not given me the lessons as a gift. It is amazing that a few easily corrected things in swinging a golf club can make a big difference.

Sneedlet One was "helping" me watch a DVD called Origins last evening. It is a Nova program by the astrophyscist Neil deGrasse Tyson, about the origin of the cosmos. Sneedlet is very interested in the planets, especially the Earth.

We went to the bookstore today and bought a book about our solar system. It is very basic and he is learning the planet names and a few facts about some of them. So far he can identify Mercury, Earth and the Moon, Jupiter and its red spot and Saturn, although he struggles to remember Saturn's name.


Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

2 comments:

Kurt said...

It's Saturn.

Steve Reed said...

Aha! A future astronomer!