Dec 10, 2006

Saturday

What sort of parallel universe is it where a 30ish guy wears an Old Guys Rule shirt?
I tried to turn on my laptop this morning and nothing happened. This is the second time that I've had this experience. Just like the first time, it finally started up like normal. Very strange.

I spent my fourth and final day at Dinsneyland. Thank goodness that's over. Sneedlet and I had a great time today by ourselves. Our son and his family left for home this morning and called this evening to say that they had arrived safely. We are grateful for that.

Yesterday, as I pushed Sneedlet into the park a woman sidled up next to me ands said, "I guess you're never too old for Disneyland." I was flabergasted. I'm only 56 for cripes sake. I've seen plenty of much older people than me, why did she pick me out? If that was some sort of come on, she definitely needs work on her technique.

Disneyland may be the last great demilitarized zone. In Disneyland you see plenty of scary guys. Guys with prison tattoos, guys who look like they kill for a living and really freaky-scary guys, you know, the one's who have mom's head in the freezer? Only at Disneyland will you see a guy that you know has done hard time, wearing a Goofy hat or or A Donald Duck hat with the bill as, well a bill. Even the hardened criminal element and the Hell's Angel's love the Magic Kingdom. Go figure.

When we were leaving the park tonight, it was raining hard and was cold. Whoever wrote, It never rains in southern California, was either lying or had never spent time here.

As we waited in the rain for the hotel shuttle, with the sleeping Sneedlet bundled up in his stroller, a gaggle of inconsiderate jackasses raced up to where we were standing and pushed their way on the bus. Only the driver's assurance that another bus was right behind him averted an international incident and my incarceration for attempted homicide. My advice to people would be, if you come from a country where people don't line up for their turn, then I would appreciate it if you would stay there. I'm not saying I mean the Germans, but if die Schuhwaren fit, wear them.

Merle



Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgemental and cranky


Tag:

No comments: