Jul 15, 2006

Evening Update

Well, Sneedlet has arrived for his Saturday night visit to grandma's house and we are having so much fun. He is presently watching a video called Wheels On The Bus. A week ago yesterday I went to Circuit City to talk to them about my problem-plagued Toshiba laptop that they sold me about 18 months ago. You may recall that I have posted about this machine and its problems before. I bought the 4-year extended warranty with the computer because the guy who sold it to me said they would replace it if it developed recurrent troubles. He also said that they would replace the battery when it went bad. These were lies. In 18 months it has been in the shop for repairs 5 times. The latest was from 5/16/06 to 6/13/06 for a failure of the AC power input. Since they fixed it it has improved from doesn't work at all to works some of the time. The computer manager promised to makes some calls to see if Circuit City would replace it and get back to me. He never did. I talked to the store manager today and he basically said that I can just keep sending it in for repair because it is out of his hands. He will gladly give me a discount on a new computer, but won't honor the warranty he sold me. At least he won't honor the promise to replace it. By the way, it turns out that my warranty doesn't cover batteries either. I am done buying anything from Circuit City. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong and sometimes just full of it. Tag:

No comments: