Sep 1, 2010



We had a new gate made for the front of the house.

The original gate, bought just a few months ago, never fit correctly and the guy who built it tried a couple of times to fix it. He should have just taken it down and built one that fit, but instead he kept trying to tweak it. I could have asked him for a refund, but I don't think he would have given it. I think he would just kept trying to make it work.

At some point it was better to just to start over with someone else. Besides, we like the new gate way better.


Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

9 comments:

The Bug said...

Oh I like the new gate better too! It's beautiful & seems to blend in better with the wall. Good job!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Very classy looking!

Barbara said...

I love the color and the design of the new gate. Sometimes you just have to accept a loss in order to get what you want. Good choice!

Kurt said...

We had our roofing guys do some other repairs while they were here, all of which sucked. They too came back and tried to fix them, and sucked at it. I finally fixed them myself.

alphabet soup said...

The new gate is way better than the old one. Keep up that photography Merle and you will be out-doing Steve at Shadows and Light. :-)

Ms Soup

Reya Mellicker said...

The new gate is fabulous. xxoo

Megan said...

I like it better, too.

Steve Reed said...

I agree! New gate=better!

a. said...

I like the new gate much better