May 29, 2010

This is my 1200th post. No amount of begging, demanding, cajoling or bargaining can make me stop.

Cash might work, so take up a collection among yourselves and send it my way.

I've noticed, since I been noticing, that every person, professional or amateur who plays acoustic guitar, has covered the Dylan song Forever Young, in one way or another.

Some renditions are terrific, like this one by Joan Baez.   But we already knew that Joan singing anything is going to be terrific.



This fellow is doing more of an imitation of Bob himself, rather than his own interpretation.  Stick to Elvis, Bub, there is more money in it.



Some versions are not really that good.  This one might have been better, but Romke pushed Rachel out of the frame and she is trying to sing while leaning in and trying to avoid being conked on the head by that guitar.

(Is this really Jamie from Myth Busters and his sister?)



Then there is just the plain awful. Shouting, accompanied by guitar and drums. 

Stop the video and notice the caption which says "Better then Bob Dylan". 

Better than, not then, you buffoons.  Even notice how many people think 'then' can be used in making a comparison?

I like them taters better then them grits, Ma.



Here is my most favorite, by Aurda Mae. I double-dog dare you not to love it.



Told ya.  

Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

YES! Audra Mae's version is superior.
Great find! Thanks!

Ronda Laveen said...

Congrats on your 1200th post. Sorry, no donations for the Stop Merle Now hat.

May you be forever young...but not the better then version.

Megan said...

Onward into the valley of blogs rode the twelve hundred...

Does one of them explain the origin of the name Merle Wayne Sneed? I'd love to know how you came up with it.

Kurt said...

I have never covered Forever Young.

Wanderer said...

I love Baez... and would like to hear Kurt's version of FY

Barbara said...

Congrats on 1200 posts and on staying "forever young" by Blogging! I'm 800 ahead of you, but then who's really counting? I'm glad our paths crossed. I love coming to visit here and getting a dose of Merle.

Reya Mellicker said...

Oh my god. This is ... well... just fabulous, and forever entertaining.

Please do not EVER stop blogging.

I love you, Merle. I just do. That's all.

Bella Rum said...

I had to listen to Joan twice. Love her.

1200 superior posts, Merle! Thanks.