Sep 3, 2009

I should have mentioned this yesterday, but Miss Riley came through her procedure with flying colors. She is home and happy to be there, I'm sure. Riley has an abnormality concerning a tear duct, so they did something to her eye area to hopefully fix it. I was hoping she got to have a cool pirate eye patch, but my son said she didn't. I took this shot from in front of the Coronado Hotel looking toward downtown Hooterville. The architecture of Hooterville is a horizontal rather than vertical. In this picture you can see three of the four buildings in town that are more than twenty stories tall. The low building in the foreground with the red tile roof is the train depot, which is home to a grocery and deli, a jewelery store, the Amtrac offices and a train museum. This post from last September focused on the depot. These days there is not much railway activity there. The crane to the left is at a residential construction site. A new apartment or condo building is under construction. On the right side of the picture is a white medium-sized building. It is the former Pioneer International Hotel, now an office building. That building was the site of Hooterville's most famous fire in 1970. You can read about it here. The usual suspects and I played golf this morning. It was not dreadfully hot, so the Seafood King and I walked the course. I have resigned myself to the fact that I have plateaued as a golfer. I haven't researched the issued, but my instinct tells me that radical improvement after 60 is exceeding rare. Oh well, it takes the pressure off. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

9 comments:

Barbara said...

There's so much more to golf than shooting a low score. Thank goodness!

Ronda Laveen said...

Sometimes, just when you think your game has plateaued, you'll have a career round and then all aspirations are on again.

Megan said...

Glad she's ok.

Steve Reed said...

I'm surprised Amtrak even serves Hooterville!

Kurt said...

Anything is possible Merle!

Bella Rum said...

Yippee for Miss Riley.

I read the article on the fire - both interesting and tragic.

Reya Mellicker said...

So now you can kick back and enjoy. Good for you!

Glad to hear the happy news about Miss Riley. Better still that she doesn't have to wear a patch. That couldn't be very much fun for a baby, do you think?

e said...

I'm glad to hear Miss Riley is fine. That fire was indeed tragic. Happy weekend!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

hugs to riley for getting through things with flying colors!!