Jul 30, 2009

Merle Wayne Sneed loves it when the smart guys are wrong. And given that on any subject a lot of smart guys and gals will opine, there is lots of wrongness to go around. You may have heard that I've been in the market for a new car. So, I have been especially tuned in to all things automotive. One thing I read in the paper and heard on television was that the Cash for Clunkers program, designed to rid us of 250,000 gas guzzling cars and trucks, would be a failure. Specifically, I heard several smart guys say that people who own clunkers, cant afford new cars. I think that they define clunkers in too narrow a way. If you have a five-year-old truck getting 12 miles to the gallon, you will quickly find that no one wants it, at most any price. Anyway, the government announced today that they have reached the goal of the program in just 3 days. So much for the failure theory. The usual suspects and I played golf today at 7am. Some Guy Named Bob didn't show up until the Seafood King and I were on the third hole. His alarm didn't go off. Some Guy Named Bob is 71 or 72, and guys that old don't need no stinking alarm clock, so I don't know what the deal was. He's usually bothering the neighbors by 6. The deal for the new car is in place. All we need is the car. It is allegedly being delivered tomorrow, Monday at the latest. I feared the worst when we went over the financial details, but Keith the Car Guy was true to his word. But things could still go wrong, I suppose. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

10 comments:

Megan said...

Yay new car!

Kurt said...

Like maybe it has 1100 miles on it.

Barbara said...

Hope you can quickly wrap up the Honda deal. You already said you're getting more as a trade-in on the Junkster, right?

I still haven't been willing to call my old Volvo a clunker, despite the fact that the govt program is a good incentive to get a more fuel-efficient new car. We only paid $5,000 for that car in 1996, so $4,500 would be a sweet deal.

Steve Reed said...

I agree with Megan: Yay!

Bella Rum said...

I heard about the "cash for clunkers" program too.

Enjoy the new car!

Reya Mellicker said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hope we'll see some pics of the new car. yes?

Nan Patience said...

Wow, you're actually gonna do it. I thought the day would never come. Good news indeed about the Clunkers program being so successful. We've done the math, and with what we'd save on gas, we could practically make a car payment. Now we just have to get on the stick! I had no idea we'd have to move so fast.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ygifuwelys.ibnsites.com/gapalo.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://uxuhifeqo.virtue.nu/ogawivyf.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of hombre who loves to taste radical things. Right now I'm building my private pv panels. I'm doing it all by myself without the help of my men. I'm using the internet as the only way to acheive this. I saw a truly brilliant site that explains how to make photovoltaic panels and so on. The site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure bout how accurate the data given there is. If some guys over here who had experience with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the page it will be awesome and I'd extremely value it, because I extremely passion solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. You guys rock.