Jun 13, 2009

It seems to me that this summer has not been as brutal as most others. Maybe it is because we have a swell new air conditioner or because I work inside at the hardware store or maybe that it really isn't as hot as it typically is. Our first official 100 degree day was on May 8th, a couple of weeks early. Even though we've had 16 days over 100 this season, it hasn't been oppressive. In fact June has been 5 to 10 degrees cooler than normal, thus far. I hate to leave this glorious climate at a time like this, but I have to undertake an important mission in a large national or international metropolitan area this coming week. I will be working undercover and posting will be difficult. Tomorrow morning a jet will pick me up and will fly me and my team to our destination. We will be met by a chauffeured vehicle for the final leg of our journey. I will also be meeting with one or two influential members of the blogging community, where I'm fairly certain important matters will be discussed and possibly adult beverages consumed. The agenda will be determined after we assess the local situation. We really won't know much until we have boots on the ground. I really have said too much already. Until I return, that is, if I return, take care and chat amongst yourselves. If all goes well, expect a dispatch no later than Thursday next. If you haven't heard from me by the 20th, assume the worst. I really must go now, they're watching me. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

10 comments:

mum said...

Max: I hope your realize you've blown your cover. Just the other day, I was telling myself: "there's something fishy about that Miata story. I strongly suspect the Miata to be a cover for your Agent 86's real car." Which is now an averred fact.

What can I say, Max? Whatever you do, stay out of Romania and give my best to Agent 99.

Not to worry: if you're not back on Thursday, I'll claim your car.

Megan said...

Tantalizing!

Reya Mellicker said...

Wish I was among the group of influential bloggers you'll be meeting with. Maybe sometime?

Whomever it is, have a BLAST! And enjoy your gentle summer!

Kurt said...

Have fun.

Barbara said...

I was hoping you were coming to Washington, DC, but apparently not. I'm thinking this is one of those posts that "may or may not actually be true". :)

Anyway, enjoy your time away. I actually hope it's in the company of the young Sneedlets, although then the nature of the intrigue at least changes.

Nan Patience said...

Hahaha, have fun Max Smart!

Steve Reed said...

How mysterious! Well, by process of elimination, we can figure out from the comments who's NOT meeting you! :)

Coffee Messiah said...

Hey, safe journey.....

and summer sure starts early in your area.

Starts everywhere else on the solstice June 21 ; )

mouse (aka kimy) said...

I wait with bated breath to hear how the mission went.

hope one of your assignments will bring you to the north coast!

happy and safe travels.

mum said...

Max: Since I'm not sure what time it is wherever you may be and I'm about to sign off for Thursday June 18th in this part of the world, I'm wondering if I claim your car now, or do I wait to the 20th?

With best wishes for your safe return from that ride down the telephone booth.