Apr 5, 2009

We had a family get-together today to celebrate my birthday. Mrs. Sneed pulled out all the stops to make sure that we had a feast fit for a king. Not that I'm comparing myself to a king. If others do, I can't help that. The boys helped me read my cards. I got a new Canon camera from my kids and their families. You will probably notice the difference in quality of the photos in future posts. Or, the photo quality issues may turn out to be operator-based. I was out in the front of the house this evening and my neighbor Choochie saw me and came over to talk. Choochie's real name is Jesus. In Mexico the nickname for guys named Jesus is Chewie, so I can only assume that Choochie is some sort of variation on that nickname. Anyway, Choochie is about 75 and still works more than 40 hours a week as an accountant. He came over because he incorrectly thought that I used to work for Cox Cable. Why he thought that mystifies me. He wanted to complain to someone about his cable bill and to ask me about the DirecTV dish on our house. That would have been fine with me, if he hadn't been wearing his boxer shorts, a shirt and his slip on shoes, with black socks. I had a hard time following his conversation because I kept wondering if he just forgot to put on his pants or what. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

11 comments:

Megan said...

Yay new camera!

But (sob!) no details on the feast?

bitchlet said...

You do look like King Akbar.

Coffee Messiah said...

Happy belated Birthday ; )

Cheers!

Barbara said...

Happy birthday to you! I always thought you photos were quite good with your old camera.

I love the informality of your neighborhood that people just wander around in their underwear.

Squirrel said...

Ahhh the Sneedlets are very god at helping to celebrate. Yes, what Megan said--details of the feast!

Reya Mellicker said...

What a beautiful picture of you!

Those Sneedlets are excellent in every way - beautiful, sweet, and good readers, too? Wow!

Your neighbor obviously got so vexed about his bill that he did forget to put his pants on.

Nan Patience said...

happy birthday, merle!

don't suppose we'll get to see your fashionable neighbor. that would probably be wrong.

Steve Reed said...

Ha! Nan said what I was going to say -- you needed to use that new camera on your neighbor! :)

Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Cool just wanted to say I love Blogs.

Kurt said...

Happy 80th Merle!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

long live the king!!

congrats on the new camera - hey can you take a picture of your new camera, I want to see if it's the same as mine!

thanks for the info on the nickname for guys name jesus....I learn something new every day! chewie, mary, and joseph!!