May 20, 2008

eBay Awesomeness

Based upon feedback about yesterday's post, awesomeness is sweeping the country, and maybe the globe. From New York to Bombay, the readers found it awesome. That is just awesome. Speaking of awesome, I sold something on eBay. I never sold anything on eBay before, so I was delighted to find a guy in Texas was will to pay $115 for something I almost gave to Goodwill. Who would have imagined that my grandmother's wedding ring could fetch $115? Not me, that's for sure. Awesome. Okay, that part is a lie. I was cleaning out the back room the other day and I came across a set of biblical commentaries from the old days before I gave up religion as a bad idea. Why I've kept these books is a mystery, but when I was rearranging, there they were. The entire series cost me about $70 back in the early seventies. I did some internet research and found a several sets selling from retail booksellers for a couple of hundred bucks. I listed them on eBay for $100, plus $15 shipping. After eBay, PayPal and UPS gets their cut, I should net a cool $80. Not too bad for something I would have gladly given away. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

8 comments:

Bobby D. said...

Far Out! Good thing you kept those groovy Good Books! Right On! Awesome profit too! Way to go!

taco said...

Goodwill Industries enriches the lives of the destitute. Hope you will donate some of that money (to me, for example)

taco said...

wait just a minute--- $70.00 in the 1970's is $648.00 today. You lost money on that deal!

bitchlet said...

I gave up religion as a bad idea when I was 4.

Coffee Messiah said...

Someone at work mentioned their 2 yr olds first word was awesome.

Sounds depressing to me. ; (

When you ever want to see what booksellers around the world are fetching, or at least asking for their books, be sure to check ABE.

Awesome sale! ; )

Kurt said...

UPS?! Nothing can beat USPS's Media Mail rate for book shipping.

Anonymous said...

That's just AWESOME, Merle....

Steve Reed said...

Ha! Taco had the same thought I did -- what about the time value of money?

(Not to diminish your awesome eBay experience, though!)