Nov 26, 2007

Cyber Monday

This is sort of a late post today. Son Sneed and I had to be at the hospital today at 6:15 am, so it has been a long day. I had to leave Son Sneed at the hospital long enough for me to go to the dermatologist. According to the doctor, my leprosy is nearly cleared up. It has been a long year and a half of cortisone injections. Apparently, Sneedlet Two is worried about my skin condition. He asked his dad if I died a little bit? His dad told him that I wasn't going to die until I'm old. Sneedlet said that I am already old. I guess when you are four, everyone is old. To make matters worse for me today, I had insomnia last night. I hate it when I can't fall asleep. When I worked for Tedious Systems I frequently wasn't able to sleep well, especially on Sunday nights. Sometimes I would stay awake for two or three days. I dreaded going to work that much. During my second stint working for them, it was a little easier for me not to let the pressures get to me. I think my nap yesterday afternoon messed up my sleep pattern. Usually, naps don't keep me awake at night. The Lovely Mrs. Sneed put me in charge of finding something online today for her. The retailers have started this Cyber Monday nonsense and hold out the promise of good deals. I didn't see much in the way of deals, but I did find what she needed on the Circuit City website. I ordered it for pickup at their store a mile or so from here. When I went to pick the item up, it was absolute mayhem at the store. It was staffed like a Saturday night in July and customers were backed up everywhere. Circuit City has a policy that if your order isn't ready for pick up in twenty-four minutes, you get twenty-four bucks. I was able to score a Circuit City gift card, which is always nice. The best part is that Mrs. Sneed pronounced the item to be perfect. Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgmental and cranky

3 comments:

Kurt said...

I haven't heard of cyber Mondays. Did you make that up?

Steve Reed said...

I haven't either! My experiences with Circuit City have never been all that great, though...

Fred said...

Glad to hear that your leprosy is cleared up. Now maybe you can time time out to be dean of students at Ched U. We have a student, ya know.