Dec 28, 2006

A Milestone Day, Perhaps

The MerleSneed blog world headquarters

(yes dear, it would have been nice to clean up my junk before I took the picture)


The excitement is building here at the MerleSneed blog headquarters. Sometime soon, possibly as early as today, the site will welcome its two thousandth visitor. I had an array of lovely gifts for the lucky visitor, but I accidentally ate them.

Today also begins the second five-day session of my vacation. The schedule, in case you have forgotten it, is vacation day, vacation day, vacation day, vacation day, vacation day, Kendall made me show up for work day, vacation day, vacation day, vacation day, vacation day, vacation day. Just to be real clear here, four of the days were technically weekend days and three were holidays, leaving only three actual vacation days, but you get the idea. Besides, any day away from the office is a vacation.

For those of you saying, "Shut up about the vacation already and get to the weather, will you?", there's this. It is raining and cold here. Late December is one of our traditionally wet weather periods. The damned global warming has jumbled the pattern lately, but for today, it is raining like a sum-of-a-bit**...you get the idea. Did I mention that it is also cold?

Yesterday, I went out an bought an new computer for the lovely Mrs. Sneed's new office. She has labored with a piece of crap Dell for a couple of years now and needed something that actually worked.

You might be saying, "Hey Merle, weren't you the guy who said a mere two days ago that he was troubled by all the copious consumption around your place?" Well, Mrs. Sneed made the same observation.

To that, I say this. Yes, that was me, but I was troubled by all the stuff that we bought and received that we didn't really need. We really, really needed the computer. See the difference? Jeez.

Anyway, since it is raining, I plan to move the printer and other assorted stuff affixed to the piece of crap Dell computer to the new office, so that Her Loveliness can compute in luxurious surroundings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm a hell of a guy.

Merle.



Things in this blog represented to be fact, may or may not actually be true. The writer is frequently wrong, sometimes just full of it, but always judgemental and cranky


Tag:

No comments: